´ Roochis: Celery lemon soup

I post here to keep track of my recipies so that I can refer when I am cooking again

Hope it helps you too!!

Celery lemon soup

This soup helps to increase the alertness or alert our sensory organs. Adding this in our diet regularly increases the concentration power.


Ingredients :
Celery : 1 root
Corn flour : 1 tbl spn
Onions : 1 No.
Butter : 1 tbl spn
White pepper powder & Salt
Lemon : 1 small
Method of preparation : Heat butter and add onions chopped length wise and fry till it gets translucent, now add the Celery finely chopped (Take only the stem till the root, include a little of the root removing the strings)fry for abt 2 min now add Corn flour and fry for a min. Add a little more than half a liter of water and let it boil for 2-3 min. Keep stirring. Now add pepper, salt & grate the lemon into the soup. Remove from flame and serve.

If you do not have lemon use preserved lemon juice.


Bookmark and Share

14 comments:

Adlak's tiny world said... December 13, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

diffrntly presented... healthy and tasty it seems.

Srivalli said... December 14, 2008 at 4:49 AM  

Nice soup roochi..

Srikitchen said... December 14, 2008 at 5:40 AM  

its interesting and new to me!

AnuSriram said... December 15, 2008 at 5:12 AM  

Thats a nice info.. and a refreshing soup!

Dee said... December 18, 2008 at 6:24 AM  

I need a dose of this - my mind is such a sieve these days! And it sounds pretty yummy too :)

anudivya said... December 18, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

I love celery and I have never used it in a soup before... Love the idea and recipe

Vijitha said... December 18, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

New to me! sounds interesting!

Srikitchen said... December 19, 2008 at 3:44 AM  

Join in the EFM - SAVOURIES SERIES going in my blog!

Malar Gandhi said... December 19, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

Nice one dear, like celery already....good in soup forms, right!

Suganya said... December 19, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

Hi first time to ur blog. Loved all ur recipes...

Celery and lemon soup sounds great. So cool and refreshing. YUM!

Priya Suresh said... December 20, 2008 at 3:09 AM  

WOuld love to have them roochi..i love the aroma of both celery n lemon..

Andhra Flavors said... December 22, 2008 at 4:48 AM  

first time i know, one recipe with celery. good sharing ruchi.

Trupti said... December 23, 2008 at 7:08 AM  

this soup is new to me. soup looks delicious.

I am hosting Winter Treat Event this month. I will be very glad if you send me some recipes like this soup.

aanchal said... January 10, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Hi ROOCHI , LIKED THE IDEA OF CELERY SOUP, LET ME KNOW IF WE CAN DRINK IT IN SUMMERS IE CAN WE COOL IT AND DRINK IT WITH ICE , A BIT LIKE A COCKTAIL

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.Hope you enjoyed reading the recipes.Your feedback and comments are appreciated.

Wanna get latest recipes ! Enter your email address:

  © Blogger template edited and banner designed by ROOCHI

Back to TOP