- Okra : 1/2 kg (frozen / fresh)
- Onion : 1 No.
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric : 1/4 tsp
- Chillipowder : 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1: tbsp
- Wash Okra in water and pat it dry with a kitchen towel / cloth and cut into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add mustard seeds when they splutter add onions,turmeric and fry for min.
- Onions should not be fully fried, now add chopped Okra, salt and mix and let it cook in medium flame.
- Mix occasionally, it might 10 - 12 min for Okra to be done.
- Add chilli powder mix well, remove from flame after a min and serve.
Note : As you start frying, the stickiness in the Okra would be removed.
Also Known as : Ladies Finger Fry, Okara Fry, Bendakaya Palyam, Bendekai palya, Vendaka Varuval
Variations : You can add grated coconut for garnish