- Plantain : 2 Nos.
- Onion : 1 No.
- Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
- Urad Dhal : 1 tsp
- Turmeric : 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Coriander powder : 1 tbsp(Optional)
- Oil : 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chop plaintain into slices and boil it in water along with 1tsp salt. (do not pressure cook)
- Once its cooked but still firm drain water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Mustard seeds and Urad Dhal once the mustard seeds splutter add onions and turmeric powder with a little salt.
- As the onions turn golden brown add Chilli powder, Coriander powder and cooked plaintain and stir well.
- You can garnish with coriander leaves optionally.
Also Known as : Antikai Palyam, Valzaka Poriyal, Baalekai palya
Variations : You can chop plantains into small cubes also.