Fresh Ginger is fried and ground with tamarind pulp to make a tangy chutney which is strong in flavor. So serve little at a time.
Method of preparation :
For Ginger Chutney
- Ginger : 5 inches
- Jaggery : 1/2 inch cube
- Dry red chillies : 1 No
- Tamarind : to extract 1 tbsp thick pulp
- Salt to taste
- Oil : 1 tsp
- Dosa Batter : 2 cups
- Tomato Puree : 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste : 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies : 2 to 3 Nos.
- Cumin Pwder : 1 tsp
- Ghee / Oil
- Soak Tamarind for a few min in water and extract thick pulp
- Chop ginger into small pieces, heat oil in a pan and fry it for a min and get this to room temp.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend it into a fine paste. Add water to adjust consistency.
- This chutney has a strong ginger flavor and is tangy goes well with Idli and dosas
Method of preparation : Tomato Dosa
- Mix all the ingredients listed above. Add more or less tomato puree according to your taste.
- Heat a skillet and pour one laddle full of batter and spread it in circular motion evenly and as thin as possible.
- Add a tbsp of ghee and turn it on to other side after am min. Let it cook for a min and serve hot.
Also Known as : Allam Pachidi, Tomato Omlet, Thakkali Dosai