|Goan Shrimp Curry|
- Tiger Shrimps : 1 Kg (with / without shell)
- Onions : 2 Nos
- Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
- Red Chillies : 2 Nos.
- Coriander Powder : 1 tbsp
- Pepper Powder : 1 tsp
- Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies : 2 Nos.
- Coriander Leaves : 5 strands
- Whole Garam Masala - Cardamom 2, Cloves 2, Cinnamones small piece, Bay Leaves 2 No.s
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice : 1 tbsp (or Veniger)
- Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
- Coconut : 5 to 6 tbsp (grated)
- Tomatoes : 2 Nos
- Soak Cumin Seeds, Red Chillies in Lemon Juice and little water for some time.
- Put this into a blender along with rest of the ingredients for paste once its finely ground add 4 to 5 shrimps without shell into the blender and grind. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add Whole Garam Masala and once it turns colour add onion and little salt and fry.
- When the onions turn golden brown add the Ground paste, Turmeric, Sugar along with some Water and Coriander powder.
- Cook this till oil oozes out. Keep stirring regularly. Add more water if required (note shrimps oozes some water)
- Now add shrimps close lid and cook for 5 to 7 min.
- Add pepper powder, finely chopped green chillies and Coriander leaves. Stir for 2 min and the dish is ready.
Also Known as : Royalla Koora, Shrimp gravy, Goa shrimp curry, Tiger Prawn semi gravy, Goa style Era, Royallu Vepudu, Garnele Curry
Variations : Add more water to adjust thickness of gravy
Recipe adopted from Vahchef and prepared with some variations