|Paneer for Stuffing|
- Milk : 1 Ltr ( with 3% + fat)
- 1tbl spn of vinegar / lemon juice
- Use a thick bottom vessel and bring the Milk to boil
- Add vinegal / lemon juice into it. Let it boil till the milk curdles.
- Once you see the water separated completely remove and pour on to a cheese cloth / muslin cloth placed on a stainer.
- Run cold water through it (to remove sourness)
- Wrap the cloth and sqeeze out all the water to get firm paneer.
- If you want to make cubes then place the paneer in muslin cloth below a flat weight (vessel with water)
- Paneer would be firm enough in one hour. Remove the paneer block from the muslin cloth.
- Cut into cubes and add to your dish.
- You can refrigerate it for later use.
You can place the paneer in the muslin cloth betweeen stainer and weight so that the excess water drips out.
Also Known as : Paneer, Panir, Indian Cheese, Cottage Cheese
Variations : You can add some herbs into the boiling milk to get herbed paneer.