´ Roochis: Potato Stir Fry

I post here to keep track of my recipies so that I can refer when I am cooking again

Hope it helps you too!!

Potato Stir Fry

My hubby's all time favourite side dish mad with Spinach Dhal and Rice. This is one of the few recipies that he has mastery over. It comes out well when made in small quantity say for serving max 4 of them.

Ingredients :
  • Potato : 3 Nos. 
  • Garlic : 4 to 5 pods
  • Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
  • Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
  • Chilli Pwdr : 1 tsp
  • Coriander Pwdr : 1 tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil : 2 tbsp
Method of preparation :
  1. Peal the Potato skin, wash and cut it into small chunks.
  2. Heat oil in a wide non stick pan and add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds once they are done add Potatoes and crushed garlic and close lid.
  3. After 3 min add salt and continue frying for 2 min. Stir occassionally.
  4. Now add Chilli powder and Coriander powder stir for a min and remove from flame.
  5. Serve hot with along with Rice and Sambar or any curry.
Note : Do not fry the potatoes for too long they tend to lose taste. Garlic is optional.
Also Known as : Aloo Fry, Quick Aloo fry, Uralaikelangu varuval

5 comments:

Rice Palette said... June 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

Great recipe.. I think I need to master my stir-fry with potatoes! Do you recommend adding any meat with this stir-fry?

Aruna Manikandan said... June 5, 2010 at 1:42 AM  

my all time favorite...
looks delicious :-)

Suganya said... June 5, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

Delicious fry with simple ingredients. YUM!!!!

Roochi said... June 6, 2010 at 3:22 AM  

RC, Thanks for dropping by. This dish is made to be crispy. I shall post other recipes with meat in them.

joeymathis2010 said... June 12, 2010 at 2:04 AM  

great recipe! plz follow me as i have also followed u

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.Hope you enjoyed reading the recipes.Your feedback and comments are appreciated.

Wanna get latest recipes ! Enter your email address:

  © Blogger template edited and banner designed by ROOCHI

Back to TOP