|Coriander Leaves sitting in the fridge for 11 days|
Coriander Leaves : 1 bunch
1 Jar : 4 to 5 inches high or a Glass
How to do it :
Chop off roots from stem and put into a jar with 1.5 inch water and leave it in the Vegetable tray of the refrigerator.
Detailed Version :
- Un-tie the coriander bunch on a sheet of paper and chop out the roots if any.
- Remove brown or rotten leaves
- Take out any stems which are very short and use these in next days.
- Put the rest of the leaves together in the Jar which has 1.5 inches of water.
- Water should be just a little above the bottom tip of the stem.
- Keep this in the vegetable tray of the refrigerator. Take required quantity while cooking, wash and use.
|New Batch of Coriander Leaves from Market|
Leaves that are not so fresh would turn fresh when preserved in the refrigerator.
Also Known as : Preserving Cilantro, Kothambiri, Kothamili, Kothamilaku
Variations : If your veggi tray is not big enough, then put a transparent cover on the leaves and store it in the bottom of the fridge
Entry for > "Herbs and Flowers in my Platter"