|Benne Biscuit / Butter Cookies|
- Maida : 2 cups (All purpose flour)
- Powdered Sugar : 1 and qtr cup (or a little more as per your taste)
- Cooking Oil : 3/4th cup (or a table spoon more)
- Baking powder : 1/4th tsp
- Salt : 2 pinches
Methods of preparation :
- Mix Maida, Powered Sugar, Baking powder and Salt in a bowl well.
- Add oil little by little to the above and mix.
- The consistancy should be more of coarse mix and not like chappati dough.
- Check with a small amount of mixture if it holds together, if so then you are good to go.
- Make small rounds and place on a greased tray.
- Preheat the oven and bake the above at 375°F or 175°c.
- Bake for 12 to 15 min, check if the lower side has darkened just a little and you see some cracks on the top.
- Allow it to cool and enjoy.
Note : Use oil sparingly, just enough for the flour to bind, excess oil in dough would harden the cookies.
Atleast 12 to 15 min baking time is required, else the dough in the center would not be baked.
Place the tray in the center of the oven.
If you dont have confectioners' sugar or icing sugar then just grind the usual sugar in a mixer.
Also Known as : Venne Biscuit, Butter biscuit
Variations : Indian Bakeries use vanaspati / dalda instead of oil
You can use unsalted, colourless butter instead of oil.