|Vankay Bajji / Katrikka Gotsu|
Did you know this ! Brinjals helps control cholesterol levels
- Brinjal - 250 gms
- Onions - 2 Nos
- Tomato - 2 No.
- Tamarind extract - 1 tbl spn
- Green Chillies - 5 Nos.
- Garlic - 6 cloves
Method of Preparation :
- Chop Brinjal, Tomatoes and Onions into cubes and add them into a pressure cooker along with Green Chillies, Garlic., Water and Salt.
- Pressure cook it for abt 5 min (till it gets cooked soft).
- Once the pressure is released, remove is there is too much water and then mash the contents into a coarse paste.Add / Remove water to get the desired consistency before mashing
- Oil - Half tbl spn
- Mustard Seeds - half tea spn
- Cumin Seeds - half tea spn
- Curry leaves - 5 stings
- Asafotida (hing) - qtr tea spn
Also known as : Aubergien Smash, Eggplant bhaji, Vankaya Bajji, Katrikka Gotsu, Mashed Brijal, Brinjal Chuttney