This is a popular Andhra Dish made with small round green or purple brinjals. This can be served with Rice. If the gravy is prepared thick then can be served with chappati as well.
- Small Brinjals - 8 Nos.
- (I have used Auberjine as I dont get brinjals normally in my city)
- Onions - 2 Nos. (medium size)
- Tomatoes - 3-4 Nos.
- Ginger - 4 cloves
- Garlic - half inch or use 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Grated coconut - 3 tbl spns
- Seasame Seeds - 1 tbl spn
- Cumin pwder - half tea spn
- Turmeric pwder - half tea spn
- Chilly pwdr - 1 tbl spn
- Oil 3 tbsp
- In a pan roast the sesame seeds and powder it.
- In the same pan add little oil and saute onions, ginger, garlic and tomatoes. Once all are fried well get it to room temperature add chilli powder, turmeric, coconut, salt, cumin pwdr and grind it to a smooth paste. Do not add water.
- Wash the brinjals and slit them to plus shape and stuff the ground masala into it (if you are using Aubergine just cut them into cubes).
- Heat 2-3 tbl spns of oil in a wide pan or use pressure cooker add just the brinjals, if you have extra masala do not add.
- Fry for 5 min and then add the left out masala and add enough water. Stir slowly occasionally.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook till the brinjals are done.