I made this with a variation. I added Peas to it so that its colourful and as i made this for dinner, didnt want this plain. In Karnataka as a variation they add avarekalu.
- Rice : 1 cup (Idli Rice / Parboiled rice)
- Oil : 1 tbl spoon
- Mustard seeds : 1 tea spn
- Urad Dhal : 1 tea spn
- Curry Leves : 2 stings
- Green / Red chilles : As per taste
- Peas /Avarekalu : Optional
- Soak Rice for about 4 to 5 hours and grind it into a smooth batter, add sufficient salt while grinding. You can chose to have it coarse also.
- Add a table spoon of oil in non stick deep pan, once its hot add mustard seeds followed by Urad dhal, Curry leaves and finely chopped chillies.
- Add cooked peas now if u wish. When you add peas you gotta add some salt to it and mix well, reduce the flame and pour in the ground batter into it and mix it continiously such that it becomes a thick dough. Remove from flame and rest it till you feel you can handle the dough with your hands.
WISH ALL MY VISITORY A VERY HAPPY GANESHA CHATHURTHI