Ghee Rice is prepares with less spices therefore goes well with spicy curry be it veg or non-veg.
- Rice : 2 cups
- Onion : 1 No. (chopped lengthwise)
- Whole Garam Masala (3 Cardamom, 2 Bay Leaves, 1 tsp Fennel Seeds, 1/2 inch cinnamon)
- Mint leaves : 1 bunch
- Green Chillies : 5 Nos.
- Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
- Ghee : 2 tbspn
- Coconut Milk : 1.5 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander for Garnish
- Heat Ghee in a Rice Cooker / Thick bottomed vessel and add Whole Garam Masala.
- Once they are turn colour add Onions, Green Chillies and salt - fry till they change colour
- Add Ginger Garlic paste and Mint leaves - fry around a minute.
- Now add 1.5 cup water and 1.5 cup coconut milk and bring it to boil.
- Add rice and Coriander leaves and close the lid.
- Cook it for 5 min in high flame and 3 min in medium flame and remove.
- Serve with Chicken Curry / Egg Curry / Vegetable Curry.
Add atleast half cup water less than plain rice as Ghee rice has to be grainy and not sticky.
Also Known as : Nai Sadam, Nai Vannam
Variations : You can add some Peas and Cashew Nuts to this.