Rice cooked with Methi Leaves and whole garam masla spiced up with fresh green chilles and chilli powder.
- Basmati Rice 1.5 cups
- Methi Leaves : 1 cup
- Onions : 1 No.
- Tomato : 1 No. big
- Green Chilles : 3 Nos.
- Whole Garam Masala - 2 each
- Turmeric : Qtr tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste : 2 tbsp
- Oil : 2 to 3 tbsp
- Thick Curd : 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick deep pan / rice cooker
- Add whole garam masala once it gets golden brown add green chillies and onions finely chopped and little salt
- As onions turn translucent add turmeric, ginger and garlic paste and fry for about a min
- Add Methi Leaves and Tomato and fry till the Tomato becomes mushy, add red chilli powder
- Now add water and curd and mix well, bring this to boil check taste add more salt if required.
- When the water is boiling add Rice and close lid. Leave it for 10 to 12 min in medium flame and remove.
- Keep it closed for another 5 min before you serve / pack.
- Serve with your favorite Raitha, I served this with Cucumber Raitha.
- Pressure cooker 1cup rice = 1 and qtr cup water .
- Normal vessel : 1 cup rice = 2 cup water.
(This also varies according to the rice variety you use)
Note : You Can use fresh / frozen Methi, not Kasuri methi.
Also Known as : Menthyala Vannam, Vendiya Sadam, Methi Rice, Menthye soppina anna.
Variations : You can add some chunks of potato while adding rice.