Also known as Kuzhi Paniyaram, Kuli Paniyaram, Gunthatulu.
- Rice - 2 cup (idli rice)
- Urad daal - 1 cup
- Onions - 4 Nos
- Green Chillies - 4 Nos.
- Curry Leaves - 5 stings
- Mustard seeds - 1 tea spn
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tea spn
- Urad dhal - 1 tbl spn
- Baking powder : 2 pinches
- Take 3 tbl spoons of oil in a pan, heat it and add mustard seeds, cumin once they splutter add urad dhal and then curry leaves, green chillies, onions all finely chopped.
- Fry it till it turns golden brown.
- Add this into the batter along with baking powder and mix it well. Add salt if required.
- Heat the mould, put one drop of oil in each of the impression and then once its hot pour the batter.
- Add few drops of oil around the paniyaram, turn it with a sharp edged stick (chop stick) and fry on the other side.
- It would take 10 to 12 min to fry both the sides.
Serve hot with coconut or tomato chuttney. Well it would taste great even without any side dish.