- Channa Dhal : 100 gms
- Green Chillies : 3 Nos.
- Cinnamons : 1 inch
- Cumin Seeds : 1 tea spn
- Curry leaves : 2 stings
- Onions : 3 Nos.
- Coriander leaves : 4 strings
- Dill Leaves : 1 bunch (pic attached)
- Soak Channa Dhal for about 4 hrs.
- Grind it coarsely adding cinnamons and do not add any water. Take this into a bowl and add finely chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, dill leaves (all finely chopped), salt, cumin seeds and mix well.
- Now wet your hand a little and make small rounds.
- Heat oil in a pan, press the rounds and drop them into the oil, fry them both the sides.
- Remove when it turns golden brown. Crispy vadas are ready.
Did you know this ! Dill is a good source of Calcium which is good for our bones and also rich in Fiber
When the vada is made, the circumference of the vada shd not be even, that shows a properly made vada mixture, which happens only when the dhal is ground coarsely.
If you feel that the ground mixture is watery then add a little basen flour to it.
In Chennai I have seen this vada being made round in shape. You might want to try it that way too.
I am sending this recipe to Herb mania - Dill hosted by theyumblog which was started by Ammulu's kitchen