This is the simplest of the pickle that one could make. Green Chillies are used for this preparation and therefore the colour would not be red or maroon.
- Lemon : Large size 6
- Green Chillies : 12 Nos. (More or less as per taste)
- Carrots : 2 Nos.
- Ginger : 5cms
- Wash all the veggie and dry them and ensure there is not moisture on the skin.
- Cut them into blocks/ slices as in the pic below. In an airtight container add one layer of veggies and 1 table spoon of salt then again a layer of veggies and salt, repeat it till you are done.
- Close the lid, shake it well and refridgerate it.
- Day 1 take it out and give a nice shake do not open the lid. Repeat the same every day
- Day 15 the pickle would be ready to eat. (The lemon would have turned Mustard colour by now)
It would not be hot nor too salty, this does not need any oil or seasoning and would go well with Curd rice, Dhal rice, Sambar rice etc.