- Spinach : 1 bunch / 2 frozen cubes.
- Toor Dhal : 1 cup
- Onion : 1 no
- Tomato : 1 no (optional)
- Green / Red Chillies : 5 to 6 Nos.
- Garlic : 4 to 5 pods
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation :
- Wash Toor Dhal and put that into a pressure cooker along with rest of the ingredients and cook for 1 or 2 whistles(i.e. as long you take to cook Dhal usually)
- Once the pressure is released pour excess water if any into another bowl. (This excess water can be used for making Rasam.)
- Mash it with a mashing stick.
- Prepare the seasoning and add it to the mashed spinach dhal.
- Serve hot with Rice.
Also Known as : Pappu Kuraku, Kooraku Charu, Palak Pappu, Dhal Palak, Spinach Dal, Keerai Masiyal
Variations : You can use Vadayam seasons also.