- Potatoes : 3 Nos.
- Brinjal : 1 No. big ( I use Aubergein)
- Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 2 strings
- Onions : 1 No. (chopped length wise)
- Coriander powder : 1 tsp
- Chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil : 1 tbsp
Method of preparation :
- Steam cook the potatoes till its 3/4th cooked and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and curry leaves
- Now add Onions and fry a little and add brinjal with some salt, close lid and fry till its 3/4 done.
- Add cooked potatoes, coriander powder, chilli powder and adjust salt.
- Mix well and close lid and remove from flame after 3 to 4 min.
- Serve with Rasam and Rice / Dhal and Rice / Curd Rice / Roti
Note : You can cook potato in the pan itself after adding onions. In this case make sure you add brinjal only after potato is half done.
Also Known as : Kathrika poriyal, Vankaya palyam, Baingan Fry