|Palak Vanchina Palyam|
Spinach Leaves : 2 bunches
Toor Dhal : 1 cup
Onions : 3 Nos.
Garlic : 8 - 10 pods crushed
Dry Red Chillies : 3 Nos.
Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
Urad Dhal : 1 tsp
Curry Leaves : 2 strands
Oil : 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Chilli powder : 1/2 tbsp (optional)
Method of preparation :
- In a big vessel take Toor Dhal + and Water cook, when the dhal is half cooked add cut spinach and salt, cook till the spinach is cooked. Make sure not to over cook both of these. Dhal should be a little hard but cooked. Strain the water and use it for Vanchina Charu
- In a big pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, urad dhal, red chillies and onions.
- After a minute add garlic + little salt and fry till the onions are translucent.
- Now add the cooked ToorDhal + Spinach and mix well.
- Check taste and add salt / chilli powder if required.
- Stir it for 2 to 3 min and remove from flame.
Note : Do not over cook Dhal or spinach. Add more garlic for a nice aroma and taste.
Also Known as : Palya, Spinach Dhal Fry, Pala Kura vepudu, Kerai Paruppu Poriyal, Koora Pappu curry
Variations : The same recipe can be followed for any green leaves / vegetables.