- Rava : 1 cup (Greiß)
- Sugar : 3/4 cup
- Coconut : 1/4 cup (Grated)
- Cardamom : 2 Nos. (powdered)
- Butter : 1 /4 cup
- Cashewnuts : 5 Nos.
- Raisens : 5 Nos. (Sultanen /Dry Grapes)
- Milk : 4 to 5 tbsp (approx 1/4 cup)
Method of preparation :
- Heat butter and a pan and cashewnuts and Raisens and fry for a min.
- Now add coconut and fry for 2 to 3 min in low flame
- Add Rava and fry for 5 to 7 min till a nice aroma comes out.
- Switch off flame and add sugar, cardamom and mix well.
- Now add a little milk and mix it well.
- Take a big spoon full of this mixture and see if you can make small rounds. If yes then goahead and make small rounds. If you have added too much milk then keep the on the flame again and keep stiring for 2 to 3 minutes and then make the rounds.
- In a small bowl take a little grated coconut and drop the balls into it and coat it well.
- This can be stored for 5 to 7 days.
Note : You can omit the last step of coating the ladoos with coconut. If you add too much of milk then the ladoos turn hard the next day. Make sure you add milk little by little.
Also Known as : Rava Ladu, Semolina Laddu, Suji Ladoo, Sooji Laadu, Rawa Rounds, Rava sweet balls
Variations : You can omit the last tep of coating with coconut if you dont feel like.