Another addition to Lunch Box ideas and its a one pot meal. I have added some time saving idea for those who cook early in the morning.
- Rice : 2 cups (approx 200 gms)
- Butter : 1 tbsp
- Egg: 3 Nos.
- Beans : 1/2 cup
- Carrots : 1/2cup
- Onions : 1 No.
- Capsicum : 1 No.
- Fresh Chives : 3 roots or 1 tbsp dried
- Green Chilles : 4 Nos.
- Ginger : 1/2 inch
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation :
- Cook rice with some butter so that the rice is not sticky and refrigerate.
- Finely chop carrots, beans and capsicum
Can be previously cut and refrigerated for quick cooking.
- Finely chop ginger, chop onions lengthwise, slit green chillies and finely chop chives.
- Heat oil in a wide pan add ginger and green chillies
- After a min add carrots and beans when its half cooked add onions, chives and capsicum.
- After a min add salt, rice and mix well by tossing the pan.
- Move this to one side of the pan and drop 3 eggs on the other side of the pan and scramble.
- When the egg gets a little hard include it with rice and mix well.
- Adjust salt and its now ready for packing. Tomato Sauce goes well as side dish.
Also Known as :Vegetable Rice
Variations : Add little white pepper for a varied taste.