- Eggs : 5 Nos
- Onion : 1 No (finely chopped)
- Tomato : 1 No (finely chopped)
- Fennel seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric : 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnishing
To grind :
- Coconut : 4 tbsp
- Fennel seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies : 3 Nos.
- Ginger : 1/2 inch
- Garlic : 3 pods
- Boil water in a vessel and add egg and cook for 10 min. Drain hot water, run cold water on eggs and remove skin and cut into half - keep aside.
- Grid the ingredients listed above for grinding. Make it as fine paste as possible.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and fennel seeds once they are done add onions and fry till golden brown
- Add tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy, now add the ground mixture, turmeric, salt, lots of water and let it boil for 10 to 12 min.
- The sauce should be watery a little thicker than rasam, adjust water accordingly, check taste and add boiled eggs and garnish with cilantro. Close it with a lid and keep it aside for 5 min before you serve.
Also Known as : Egg curry for idyappam, Egg stue, sauce for idiyappam, side dish idiyappam