|Methi Chicken Masala|
- Chicken : 200 gms (boneless cut into small pieces)
- Potato : 1 No ( chopped as the same size of chicken pieces)
- Onions : 2 Nos. (finely chopped)
- Tomato : 2 Nos (finely chopped)
- Fenugreek leaves : 1 bunch (or 4-5 cubes)
- Yogurt : 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Coriander powder : 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Turmeric : 1/4 tsp
- Green Chillies : 4 Nos.
- Ginger Garlic paste : 1 tbsp (or use G&G powder)
- Cashewnuts : 5 Nos (make it into powder)
- Garam Masala powder : 1/2 tsp
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Method of preparation :
- Add some water to yogurt and whip it well and keep aside.
Method of Preparation
- Heat Oil in a wide non stick pan and add cumin seeds.
- When cumin turns colour, add chopped onions and little salt and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for a min before you add chopped tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes turn mushy add fresh chopped fenugreek leaves, coriander, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Close the lid and cook for 4 to 5 min, now add whipped yogurt and let it cook for another 2 to 3 min.
- Add Chicken and Potatoes, mix well and close lid and cook it in medium heat for about 6 to 7 min.
- Check if there is enough water for the chicken to cook else add some water.
- Add Cashew powder cook for another 5 min without lid till chicken is cooked soft enough.
- Add garam masala and adjust taste. Methi Chicken Masala is ready to serve.
Note : You can add kasuri methi if you do not have / have enough Fenugreek leaves (taste differs)
Also Known as : Fenugreek Chicken Masala, Methi Murg Masala, Menthayala kodi koora, Venthiyakeerai Koli Kari.
Variations : Add some fried cashewnuts when the gravy is done.