|Tangy Onion Stuffed Brinjal|
Brinjal : 6 Nos. (baby eggplant)
Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Urad Dhal : tbsp
Chilli powder : 1 tsp
Coriander powder : 1 tsp
Curry leaves : 1 string
Onion : 1 large (grated)
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Tamarind : 1 inches
Oil : 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation :
- Slit Brinjal vertically to see a plus when u hold it. Dont cut it completely so that it can be stuffed.
- Soak tamarind and extract thick pulp
- Roast Mustard seeds, Urad Dhal, Cumin seeds and powder it.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry onions, with salt and include the powder along with turmeric, chilli powder and coriander powder and tamarind.
- Stuff the above mixture into the Brinjal. Retain the remaining stuffing mixture.
- In another pan heat oil and add curry leaves and slowly arrange the stuffed brinjal and pour the remaining mixture along with half glass of water, close lid and cook. Turn it once so that the other side of the brinjal is cooked.
- Remove from flame and serve with Rice and Dhal.
Note : Do not add too much of tamarind. You can fry chopped onions and grind instead of grating.
Also Known as : Pulla Gutthi Vankaya , Puli Yennai Katharikka, Badanekai huli