Ofcourse we learn a lot during out schooling about combustion. What water can do and all those. Any one could go wrong when he has to handle a fire in his kitchen due to PANIC
When you are handling Oil
- Do not leave the oil in the pan unattended.
- Do not pour oil into a very hot pan.
- Do not use a thin bottom pan for frying. Steel vessels or pans tend to heat up very soon.
- Keep the lid of the pan near. Once the frying is done, try not to move the oil, close it with a lid and let it cool for some time.
- Do not pour the hot oil in the sink and put on the tap. It might burn the sink pipe and fire.
- DO NOT lift the pan that has caught fire or about to catch fire.
- DO NOT try to pour the oil into the sink or put on the water tap. This could increase the fire drastically.
- DO NOT throw water on the oil pan.
- Close the vessel with a lid. or
- Wet a cloth and close the vessel. (watch the below video)
- Banking soda helps to extinguish fire (not baking powder)
- Put on your kitchen gloves when you have to handle any thing hot.
Do you have fire extinguishers at home ? If YES do u know to operate it ?
- Check the pressure gauge of the fire extinguisher so that it works when the need arise.
- Learn how to use the extinguisher.