rubber gloves, a microwavable bowl, lemon juice, washing detergent, multipurpose kitchen spray, metal scrubber, soft cloth, paper towel
- Step 2:
Clear the area
- Before you begin clear anything from the top or side of the microwave. This will make it easier to clean and you won't miss any spots. Remove the glass plate and scrape off any left-over food into the bin. Then return it to the microwave
- Step 3:
- TOP TIP Fill a microwavable bowl about a third full with water. Add a few drops of lemon juice. Place it in the microwave, on full power for about 2 minutes or until the water boils. The steam from the water will soften any dirt while the lemon juice will deodorize, ridding your microwave of any foody smells.
- Step 4:
- Remove the glass plate and turnstile. Wash these by hand in the sink. Use a little washing up detergent and warm water. Scrub with a metal scourer to remove any dried on food. Then rinse and leave to dry while you clean the inside of the microwave.
- Step 5:
- Spray on a little multipurpose kitchen spray. Don't use too much as you don't want it interfering with the electrical mechanics. Wipe with a damp, soft cloth. Rinse the cloth when needed and repeat. Reach into every corner. Don't forget to do the inside of the door and the doorframe. When you are satisfied the inside is clean replace the turnstile and glass plate. Give the plate a quick polish with a paper towel to really make it shine. Take one final look at the inside, if you spot any last smudges wipe them away.
- Step 6:
- Spray on a little multi-purpose kitchen spray and wipe with a paper towel. Pay special attention to the buttons and handles as this is where germs and dirt can get trapped. Then move on the top and sides. When you are happy with the result, replace the items around the microwave in the same position with before.