´ Roochis: Sweet Boondi

I post here to keep track of my recipies so that I can refer when I am cooking again

Hope it helps you too!!

Sweet Boondi

I had never thought that Boondi can be made by me at home. Years ago dad used to buy this for me from the near by shop. Recently for Diwali I wanted to make this at home however I did not have stock of flour, allas managed to do it now. I was so excited when I was preparing.
For us here in Germany, if we feel like having any sweets or snacks(our Indian varieties), we got to prepare it at home or the Haldiram sweets in the Indian shop would be atleast 8 to 10 months old. Well this has made me learn all those varieties which my mom would not prepare at home as buying from shops is more comfortable in India. Lets see how to prepare this.

Ingredients:

  • Gram flour : 1 cup
  • Water : half cup
  • Sugar : 1.5 cup
  • Water : 1 cup
  • Cardamom powder  : 2 pinch
  • Dry grapes, Almonds without skin (for garnishing)
  • Oil for frying
Method of preparation .

  • Pour the Water and Sugar together in a vessel and heat for 7 to 10 min. Keep stirring it occasionally. 
  • Add cardamom powder. This is the Sugar syrup. Keep it aside.
  •  In a bowl add the Gram flour and Water and mix well such that the lumps are removed. Consistency should be such that the batter can drip through the pores of the boondi laddle. This is the boondi flour.
  • In a pan heat oil and take a Skimmer (see pic below) and hold it abt 2 inches above the oil and pour the boondi flour on it such that the flour drips into the oil. Hold it till one full layer is done on the oil. 
  • Fry for abt 7-9min. Strain the oil and drop it directly into the sugar syrup. 
  • Repeat it till the batter is over. 
  • Fry the almonds and dry grapes for a min in the same oil and drop it into the syrup.
If you follow the proportions given above, the syrup would be right enough. If you make this into small rounds - lime size then its Ladoo...



pic : Skimmer

*I used a small plate which has holes in it to make the boondi as I have only one skimmer with me which I had to use to strain out the oil once the boondi was fried. You could do so if its the same case with you.

Recipe Marathon # 2 - check out my co-marathon runners 1. DK 2. Siri 3. Srivalli 4. Ranji 5. PJ 6. Curry Leaf 7. Medha 8. Priya 9. Bhawna 10. Raaji 11. Anu 12. Kamala 13. Roopa 14. Divya Kudua 15.Rekha 16.Divya M 17.Lakshmi 18.RaagaLakshmi Venkatesh 20.Sripriya 21.Viji 22.Kamalika 23.Pavani

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.Hope you enjoyed reading the recipes.Your feedback and comments are appreciated.

Wanna get latest recipes ! Enter your email address:

  © Blogger template edited and banner designed by ROOCHI

Back to TOP