This version of chicken curry goes well with rice and any kind of Indian bread. I feel when there are not many of them for the meal then its best to try this version out. Say just for 2 or 4 of them this would be apt.
- Chicken : 200 gms
- Potatoes : 2 Nos. (Optional)
- Ginger Garlic paste : 2 tbl spn
- Coriander Powder : 1 tbl spn
- Chilly Power : 1 tal spn
- Turmeric Powder : 1 tea spn
- Curd : 5 to 6 tbl spn
- Garam Masala powder : 1 tea spn
- Pepper powder : 1 tea spn
- Onions : 4 Nos. Medium sized
- Oil : 2 tbl spns
- Curry leaves : 1 string
- Mint Leaves : 3 stings
- Coriander leaves
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients given in marination list and start doing the rest of the chopping tasks which would be enough.
- Heat oil in a thick iron / nonstick pan once its hot add curry leaves
- Add finely chopped onions (chop onion as finely as possible) once the onions turn golden brown
- Add the marinated chicken and fry it for 5 min and then add water, close it with a lid and stir it once in every 3 to 4 min.
- Add more water if the gravy is getting dried.
- After 10 min add garam masala powder and mix well and allow the chicken to cook tender.
- When the chicken is almost done then add Pepper powder, mint leaves, coriander leaves and close the lid for 5 min.
- If the water is too much in the gravy then cook it without the lid on till you feel its in the right consistency. Serve Hot