´ Roochis: Chicken Curry - Simple version

I post here to keep track of my recipies so that I can refer when I am cooking again

Hope it helps you too!!

Chicken Curry - Simple version


I learnt to make chicken gravy in only one way from my mom. Once i moved to Germany after marriage, I started to browse for recipes as I had to cook a different dish every day. Only when I realized how difficult it is for moms to decide on what to cook on particular day. Earlier when my mom asked what to cook for the day, mostly I would bluntly say anything, but now I know how irritating an answer that is...

This version of chicken curry goes well with rice and any kind of Indian bread. I feel when there are not many of them for the meal then its best to try this version out. Say just for 2 or 4 of them this would be apt.

Ingredients :
Marination :
  • Chicken : 200 gms
  • Potatoes : 2 Nos. (Optional)
  • Ginger Garlic paste : 2 tbl spn
  • Coriander Powder : 1 tbl spn
  • Chilly Power : 1 tal spn
  • Turmeric Powder : 1 tea spn
  • Curd : 5 to 6 tbl spn
  • Salt
-------------------for Gravy :
  • Garam Masala powder : 1 tea spn
  • Pepper powder : 1 tea spn
  • Onions : 4 Nos. Medium sized
  • Oil : 2 tbl spns
  • Curry leaves : 1 string
  • Mint Leaves : 3 stings
  • Coriander leaves
Method of preparation :
  • Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients given in marination list and start doing the rest of the chopping tasks which would be enough.
  • Heat oil in a thick iron / nonstick pan once its hot add curry leaves
  • Add finely chopped onions (chop onion as finely as possible) once the onions turn golden brown
  • Add the marinated chicken and fry it for 5 min and then add water, close it with a lid and stir it once in every 3 to 4 min.
  • Add more water if the gravy is getting dried.
  • After 10 min add garam masala powder and mix well and allow the chicken to cook tender.
  • When the chicken is almost done then add Pepper powder, mint leaves, coriander leaves and close the lid for 5 min.
  • If the water is too much in the gravy then cook it without the lid on till you feel its in the right consistency. Serve Hot
The chicken gravy tastes great when you cook for around 30 min in medium flame.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.Hope you enjoyed reading the recipes.Your feedback and comments are appreciated.

Wanna get latest recipes ! Enter your email address:

  © Blogger template edited and banner designed by ROOCHI

Back to TOP