This is Kulcha recipe thats made with baking powder and soda while Naan is made using Yeast.
Ingredients for dough :
- All Purpose flour : 2 cups (Maida)
- Baking pwdr : 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda : 2 pinches
- Yogurt/Curd : 1 cup
- Ghee / Butter : 2 tbspn
- Oil : 1/4 cup
- Sugar . 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for filling :
- Onion : 1 No (finely chopped)
- Paneer : 1 cup
- Green Chilly : 2 Nos. (very finely chopped)
- Carom seeds : 1/5 tsp (ajwain)
- Cumin powder : 1/4 tsp
- Garlic : 5 to 6 - grated
- Salt to taste.
- Coriander leaves : 1 little
- Include all the dry ingredients and mix and then add the wet ingredients and made a hard dough. Add very little water only if this mixture is too dry.
- Knead this dough well for about 5 min
- Cover it with a wet cloth and let it sit for atleast an hour.
- Meanwhile mix all the ingredients for filling and make rounds as small as tennis ball.
- After an hour make small rounds with the dough (like that for chappati but bigger than the filling rounds)
- Spread a little All purpose flour on the rolling surface and place the dough and with a rolling pin roll the dough a little.
- Now place the stuffing rounds and enclose it sealing it completely.
- Now roll the dough again to the desired thickness. Make sure that the stuffing does not come out.
- Cook them on the pan / tava until golden brown on both sides. (You can add butter while cooking)
- Place all the kulchas one above the other on a Aluminium foil and spread a little butter on each of them. Serve with any spicy gravy.