|Mix Vegetable Curry|
I had to make a vegetable curry and decided to just try out something new and yet simple. I just went on and in a flow picked up all those ingredients which I felt would make the curry rich. I served this with Ghee Rice, can also be served with Jeera Rice / Batura / Chappati / Puris
- Vegetables - approx 750 gms (Potatoes, Carrots, Peas, Cauliflower, Beans )
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Bay Leaves - 2 Nos
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes - 3 Nos
- Coriander Powder - 2 tbsp
- Green Chillies - 4 Nos.
- Coconut Milk - 100 ml
- Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Oil - 2 - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Onions - 2 Nos
- Ginger & Garlic - 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves - 10 strands
- Mint Leaves - 3 strands
- Green Chillies - 3 Nos.
- Finely grind all the ingredients listed for the paste and keep aside.
- In a thick bottom vessel add cumin seeds, bay leaf, fennel seeds.
- After few seconds add ground paste and fry till the raw smell goes away.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and salt and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add Coriander powder, Turmeric Powder and stir
- Add vegetables chopped into medium pieces into it and add 2 cups of water and close lid.
- Stir occasionaly once the vegetables are cooked add coconut milk and garam masala get it to boil
- Adjust taste, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Note : If its not enough spicy you can add chilliy powder. Add water based on the consistency of the gravy you prefer.
Also Known as : Mix Vegetable Gravy, Vegetable Korma, Veg Kurma, Aloo Mattar Gobi ka Sabzi