- Rice Flour : 1 cup
- Water : 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Fry Rice flour for 4 to 5 min in medium flame and keep aside.
- Bring water to boil in a nonstick vessel and add salt, oil.
- Slowly drop the rice flour while stirring it such that no lumps are formed.
- Reduce flame and stir till it tuns to a soft dough almost like chappati dough which would be good enough to press.
- Grease the kitchen press and fill it with the dough and press it on to greased idli plate in circular motion (use idiappam plates if you have)
- Steam it for 10 min and serve hot with stew of your choice
- It can be served with coconut milk and sugar too.
Note : Make sure the dough is not too soft. Do not oversteam as it makes the Idiyappam hard. The mould you use should have small holes to get thinner noodles.
Also Known as : Janthakulu, Noolappam, Rice Noodles, Idyappam, String Hoppers, Noolputtu
Variations : Use store brought Idiyappam mix to avoid frying of rice flour.